Summer Teen Volunteer Program
2017 Applications Being Accepted Now!
Lakeshore’s summer teen volunteer program runs June through August for teens ages 16 to 18 who have not graduated from high school. Once a teen has participated in our summer program, he or she is then qualified to volunteer year-round at Lakeshore Foundation. By volunteering at Lakeshore, teens will build leadership, teamwork and customer service skills. They will also gain a better understanding of why being active in fitness, recreation, sport and research opportunities is critical to individuals with a physical disability and/or chronic health condition. Summer teens will work in a variety of program areas within Lakeshore including athletics, aquatics, fitness, membership, communications or recreation.
2017 Applications are due by April 5, 2017
For additional Lakeshore volunteer opportunities, visit our careers & volunteers page.
- Minimum Age Requirement: 16
- If needed, applicants may be asked to attend a working interview to evaluate interaction with youth participants.
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members must be included with the application.
- Time Commitment: Summer volunteers are expected to be able to attend a minimum of one full week of summer camp and/or 40 hours of daily summer programming.
- All applicants must attend a one-on-one interview with a Lakeshore staff member. Once your application and two recommendation letters are received, the volunteer coordinator will contact you to schedule an interview. Interviews will be held on Friday, April 7 and Tuesday, April 11 beginning at 3:30 p.m.
- Summer teen volunteers must attend a new volunteer orientation on Thursday, June 1 from 12-2 p.m.If you have further questions please contact:
Volunteer Coordinator Amy Belcher gro.e1492948066rohse1492948066kal@l1492948066ebyma1492948066 or 205-313-7432.This program is selective in admission; we often have more teens applying than we have positions available.